La Llorona in the Stones, and the Water Distribution design of the Ancients.

 

I encountered the design in my own backyard. I picked up a female figure that made her way through the design as it described her life and her contributions to the survival of the human species. It has not been easy to enlighten folks who minds are already set, but I have made some good headway. My most recent discovery took some convincing. It is the story that includes a walk to the cliffs off the shore of Terceira Island. I have worked with the Portuguese in understanding what Lithic Literature has to offer. I have included below an article from the newspaper that describes my efforts. It is in Portuguese of course and I have translated it in a previous article.

The young mother takes the time to bath herself and her child in the clean spring water from the top of the incline providing water. Please take time to see how water is not only spring water but also collection and distribution of rain water.
Please note the figure on the far right drinking from the water above. The figure on the right can be understood as posturing to defecate. The right of the water design takes into account that drinking and bathing water must be separated from sewage. You can use your skills acquired using Lithic Literature to note that there are elements of agriculture such as planting and sowing as the nutrient rich waters flow down the right side of the design.
The picture above shows the ancient manmade spring dressed in a stone age style found up above the town of Riberinha.

From above you can easily predict the path of least resistance as the water carves its way.

Below is an arial view of the actual location. You can see the groin form from above. I am thinking it is a manmade groin created to calm the waves coming from the SW for a possible boat landing. I am so happy to have this opportunity to see this for myself and share with you.



 The elephant was already trumpeting its arrival on the beautiful scraper from the stream above. As I step on to the ledge, the stone groin expends out before me. The October sea waves come in from the SW. I looked around from a bird’s eye view and you can follow my path to the sea. You can see the bamboo which was used for cover and resource for tool making. I believe the ancient civil engineers used the water system described in the design used by Lithic literature. This is how the design ends up on the landscape! A reminder of the elephants capacity to change the landscape and create waterholes and highways as they forage for food and water. The swimming elephant is well documented and if supported by their human handlers they could work together to cover longer distances. We also are well aware that elephants are the natural landscape architects as they create highways and waterholes for all.                                                                                                                                                                                                      https://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/elephants-africa-tale-trunk/11391/                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

     
You can spot her down below. I musts say, I was there all by myself, and I was a little scared. The ocean is a mysterious place and the ocean at this time out in the middle of the Atlantic can be unpredictable.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Maine Totem Stone

A Deeper Look in to the Maine Totem Stone Tool

Conception, Child Birth, and Development in the Stone