The Stone Totem Pole
I have been finding multiple images on stone tools, amulets, counting stones, and rock walls here in the state of Maine. The images are consistent in subject and placement like the numbers on the face of a clock. There are variations, but the overall patterns are consistent. Material is everywhere in Maine. When I say multiple images, I mean more layers than that of an onion. I am an old so I've been spying this for years. The use of the pen with my Samsung note, I finally can purge this material. I hope you forgive my scribblings on the stones. I have steadily improved, but the true work of art is already in the stone. This material is fascinating and beautiful. There is so me consistent material that wraps around stone artifacts. Like a totem pole, images are intertwined but instead of stacked, they wrap around stone tools, amulets, counting stones, even on large erratics. I live in Maine, a hostile climate for even rocks. The land her e is st...



Comments
Post a Comment